The core reason to purchase an insurance plan is protection of loved ones. Also to get the lumpsum amount at important milestones. In both the conditions one has to make a death or maturity claim to get the benefits. Let’s understand how to make claims in detail.
There are mostly two types of claims,
- Death Claim
- Maturity Claim
List of Topic Covered
How to Make Maturity Claim or Surrender Claim in LIC Policy
When a life insurance policy is maturing, the insurance company will usually send intimation to the policyholder along with a discharge voucher at least two to three months in advance of the date of maturity.
Maturity claim is hassle free. You just have to follow some simple steps.
The policyholder has to Fill up and submit Form No. 3825 with some other documents listed below.
Documents required for maturity claim
- Original LIC Policy Document
- Identity Proof
- Age Proof (if not submitted previously)
- Cancelled Cheque or a copy of the Policy holder’s Bank Passbook
- Assignment/ Reassignment (if any)
- NEFT Mandate Form (to transfer the maturity proceeds directly to the policyholder’s account)
How to Make a Death Claim in LIC Policy
Below is the list of documents which the nominee has to submit to get the death claim.
Documents required for death claim
- Claim Form ‘A’ in Form No.3783.
- If policy has run for 3 years or more from date or risk, claim Form No.3783A may be used
- Certified extract from death register issued by hospital/Doctors/District level authorities.
- The original policy document with Deed of assignment
Click here to Read Review of LIC Dhan Rekha Plan 863