SBI Life Claim Process : SBI Life has a quick and easy claim intimation and settlement process. It is one of the top and most trusted life insurance providers in India. SBI Life is committed to provide a worry free future so that you can enjoy your present.
- 1 SBI Life Insurance Claim Process – Overview
- 2 How to Make SBI Life Insurance Claims Online?
- 3 How to make SBI Life Claims Offline (Branch)?
- 4 Other Options to File a Claim at SBI Life Insurance
- 5 Documents required for Death Claim at SBI Life
- 6 How to track your Claim in SBI Life Insurance?
- 7 SBI Life Insurance Claim Process FAQs
SBI Life Insurance Claim Process – Overview
- SBI Life provides a quickest, worry free claim intimation and settlement process.
- It has 93.09% of claim settlement ratio in the FY 2020-21.
- The company follows a simple 3 step claim settlement process.
|Goal||How to make a SBI Life Insurance Claim|
|Contact Numbers||1800 267 9090|
|Email ID||For Death Claim : firstname.lastname@example.org|
For Maturity/Survival Benefit/Annuity Claim : email@example.com
|Claim Settlement Ratio (2021-2022)||93.09%|
|Average Claim Settlement Time||30 days|
How to Make SBI Life Insurance Claims Online?
SBI Life Insurance has 3 easy steps to the claim settlement process. The process is as follows.
- Step 1 : Claim Intimation
- You can intimate the claim online by following the steps below.
- Visit the SBI Life’s website.
- Go to the claim section and hit claim intimation.
- Enter policy number, Date of Birth and claim type.
- Enter Captcha and hit the submit button.
- Step 2 : Documents Submission
- You need to submit all the relevant documents after the claim intimation.
- Company may ask you to submit some additional documents.
- You can submit these documents through Email or Post or submit it at any SBI life branch.
- Step 3 : Decision and Settlement
- Once a claim decision is taken , the claim amount will be released as per the T&C of the policy.
- Throughout the Claim Settlement Process , the company will always be there to assist you / your family in better understanding of the requirements.
How to make SBI Life Claims Offline (Branch)?
Policyholders / claimants can visit any of the SBI Life branch offices and intimate the claim by filling the claim form. He / She can submit the documents and then the claim is evaluated and processed further for settlement.
Other Options to File a Claim at SBI Life Insurance
- Option1 : Visit the claims and Maturity page of SBI Life’s website for online claim intimation.
- Option 2 : You can reach out to your Agent / Advisor.
- Option 3 : You can mail the claim information on
For Death Claim : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Living Benefit claims (Maturity/Survival Benefit/Annuity): email@example.com
- Option 4 : You can register your claim by post. Send the duly filled claim form along with the supporting documents to the following address:
SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd, 8th level Seawoods Grand Central, Tower 2, Sector 40, plot No.R-1, Seawoods, Nerul, Navi Mumbai- 400706.
Documents required for Death Claim at SBI Life
For Medical / Natural Death :
Nominees have to submit the following documents for medical or natural death.
- Claim Form
- Original Policy Document
- Original or Attested Death Certificate issued by local authority
- Claimant’s current address proof
- Claimant’s photo ID proof
- Direct Credit Mandate form
- Claimant’s Valid bank passbook/statement or Canceled Cheque with pre-printed Name and pre-printed Bank account number
- Medical attendant’s certificate
- Hospital treatment certificate
- Employer’s certificate (for salaried individuals)
- In case TDS is applicable and the customer is residing in a country where DTAA is applicable, the following documents can be submitted by the customer to avail DTAA benefit for exemption from tax.
- Tax Residency Certificate
- Form 10F
- Residency Proof issued by the government of the country in which customer is staying
For Accidental/Unnatural death:
For Accidental or Unnatural death, in addition to the above documents you need to present the following documents.
- Copy of FIR / Panchnama Report/Post Mortem
- Copy of Inquest Report / Police Final Report / Chemical Analysis Report / Magistrate’s verdict
How to track your Claim in SBI Life Insurance?
For tracking your claim, you just need to follow the steps below,
- Go to the claims tracker at SBI Life’s website
- Enter your policy, date of birth and captcha in the respective fields.
- Hit submit and you will know the status of your claim.
SBI Life Insurance Claim Process FAQs
It takes 30 days to settle a SBI Life Insurance Claim.
Claim settlement ratio of Max Life is 93.09% in 2020-2021.
You can register a claim via following modes,
– Online through SBI Life’s website
– You can contact on the toll free number 1800 267 9090
– You can mail on firstname.lastname@example.org (Death Claim) | email@example.com (Maturity Claim)
– You can register your claim by post
Yes. You can register your claim at any branch of SBI Life Insurance.
Yes. You can register your claim online. Also your claim payout will be made through electronic modes.
This covers all the points on SBI Life Claim Process. In case you have more questions, please write in the comment box and we will get back to you.