Kotak life Insurance provides a simple and hassle free claim settlement process. It is one of the top and most trusted life insurance providers in India.
- 1 Kotak Life Insurance Claim Process – Overview
- 2 How to Make Kotak Life Insurance Claims Online?
- 3 How to Make Kotak Life Claims Offline (Branch)?
- 4 Other Options to File a Claim at Kotak Life Insurance
- 5 Documents required for Death Claim at Kotak Life Insurance
- 6 How to track your Claim in Kotak Life Insurance?
- 7 Kotak Life Insurance Claim Process FAQs
Kotak Life Insurance Claim Process – Overview
- At Kotak Life Insurance, filing a claim is simple and hassle free.
- It has 98.50% of claim settlement ratio in the FY 2020-21.
- The company follows a simple 3 step claim settlement process.
|Goal||How to make a Kotak Life Insurance Claim|
(10am to 6pm – Mon to Fri)
|Claim Settlement Ratio (2021-2022)||98.50%|
|Average Claim Settlement Time||7-120 days|
How to Make Kotak Life Insurance Claims Online?
Kotak Life Insurance has 3 easy steps to the online claim settlement process. The process is as follows.
- Step 1 : Claim Intimation
- You can intimate the claim online by following the steps below.
- Visit the Kotak Life’s website.
- Go to the claim section and enter basic details.
- Enter policy details, policy holder’s details and claimant details, Captcha and OTP to proceed.
- Enter contact details of the nominee and click next to continue.
- Step 2 : Documents Submission
- After filling all the details, you have to submit the required documents via mail or at any nearby branch.
- Expert team of Kotak life insurance will examine your documents carefully and proceed for further process.
- They will contact you via phone, mail, SMS in case of any additional documents required.
- Step 3 : Claim Settlement
- As per IRDAI, the insurer must settle an insurance claim within 30 days of receiving all the required documents.
- Once a claim decision is taken , the claim amount will be released as per the T&C of the policy.
- Throughout the Claim Settlement Process , the company will always be there to assist you/your family for a smooth and hassle free process.
How to Make Kotak Life Claims Offline (Branch)?
Kotak Life Insurance has 3 easy steps to the offline claim settlement process.
Claimants or Nominees can visit the nearby Kotak Life branch offices and intimate the claim by filling the claim form. He / She can also visit the website and download the form.
The process is as follows.
- Step 1: Download & fill up claim form or Go to the branch and fill the claim form for claim intimation.
- Step 2: Submit all the required documents.
- Step 3: The claim expert team of Kotak Life Insurance will review all the documents and process your claim for settlement.
Other Options to File a Claim at Kotak Life Insurance
- Option1 : Visit the claims page of Kotak Life’s website for online claim intimation.
- Option 2 : You can reach out to your Agent / Advisor.
- Option 3 : You can mail the claim information on email@example.com
- Option 4 : Call us at our Toll free number 022-66057280 (10am to 6pm – Mon to Fri)
- Option 5 : You can register your claim by post. Send the duly filled claim form along with the supporting documents to the following address:
Claims Department, Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Company Ltd, Kotak Infiniti, Building no. 21, 7th Floor – Zone 2, Infinity Park,Off Western Express Highway, General A K Vaidya Marg, Malad (E), Mumbai – 400 097
Documents required for Death Claim at Kotak Life Insurance
For Medical / Natural Death :
Nominees have to submit the following documents for medical or natural death.
- Duly-filled Death Claim Intimation Form
- Original policy documents
- Original death certificate issued by municipality or equivalent authority
- Claimant’s photograph, current address proof and photo ID proof
- Claimant’s copy of bank passbook / statement with bank account details
- Medical certificate stating cause of death
- Medical records (consultation notes, treatment records, admission notes, hospital indoor papers, discharge/ death summary, investigation reports, etc)
- Medical questionnaire
- Copy of certified post-mortem report/ chemical analysis report (viscera)
For Accidental/Unnatural death:
For Accidental or Unnatural death, in addition to the above documents you need to present the following documents.
- Copy of certified first information report/ inquest/ Panchnama (translation mandatory in the case of vernacular language)
- Copy of driving license if the insured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident
How to track your Claim in Kotak Life Insurance?
- For tracking your claim, you just need to follow the steps below,
- Go to the claims tracker at Kotak Life’s website
- Choose the claim type from the dropdown.
- Enter your policy number, date of birth in the respective fields.
- Click on the submit button and you will know the status of your claim.
Kotak Life Insurance Claim Process FAQs
It takes 7 -120 days to settle a Kotak Life Insurance Claim.
Claim settlement ratio of Kotak Life is 98.50% in 2021-2022.
You can register a claim via following modes,
– Online through Kotak Life’s website.
– You can contact on the number 022 – 66057280
– You can mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
– You can register your claim by post as well.
Yes. You can register your claim at any branch of Kotak Life Insurance.
Yes. You can register your claim online. Also your claim payout will be made through electronic modes.
This covers all the points on Kotak Life Claim Process. In case you have more questions, please write in the comment box and we will get back to you.