Started operations in 1956, LIC of India is India’s largest, oldest and most trusted insurance and investment company. It is governed by the Government of India.
List of Topic Covered
LIC Claim Process Overview
- LIC provides a simple and quick free claim settlement process.
- It has 98.62% of claim settlement ratio in the FY 2020-21.
- The company offers only an offline mode of claim settlement.
|Goal||How to make a Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) Insurance Claim|
|Contact Numbers||+91 22 6827 6827|
|Death Benefit paid for||7,33,809 policies|
|Claim Settlement Ratio (2020-2021)||98.62%|
|Average Claim Settlement Time||30 days|
How to Make LIC Claims Online?
LIC only provides an offline mode of claim settlement.
How to Make LIC Claims Offline (Branch)?
Follow the steps below to make your claims offline,
- Visit your nearest LIC branch office to register / intimation of your claim.
- Fill up the claim intimation form and submit it along with the mandatory documents.
- After submission of claim form and documents, claim assessment happens and decision on claim has been made.
- Claimant / Nominee can check the unpaid claim amount on LIC website.
Other Options to File a Claim at LIC of India
- Option 1 : You can reach out to your Agent / Advisor.
- Option 2 : You can call on +91 22 6827 6827
- Option 3 : You can register your claim by courier as well. Send the duly filled claim form along with the mandatory documents to the following address:
- Life Insurance Corporation Of India Central Office,’Yogakshema’ Jeevan Bima Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400021
Documents required for Death Claim at LIC of India
Nominees have to submit the following documents for a death claim.
- Original Policy Documents
- Claim Form A (claimant’s statement on policyholder’s and self)
- Age Proof (if age is not admitted)
- Evidence of title of policyholder’s estate if nominee/assignee is not nominated, assigned or issued under MWP act
- Claim Form B and B2 filled by medical attendants
- Claim Form B1 (if the policyholder received treatment in hospital)
- Claim Form C (Certificate of Identity and Cremation)
- Claim Form E (Certificate by the employer if the policyholder was employed)
- Copy of FIR/Post-Mortem Report/Police Investigation Report (in case of Unnatural/Accidental Death)
How to track your claim at LIC of India?
For tracking your claim, follow the steps below,
- Go to the official LIC of India’s website
- Register yourself on the portal.
- If you have already registered then just sign in with your credentials
- Go to your dashboard.
- Select claim status from the left side vertical menu bar.
- Select the policy number from the radio button and you will know the status of your claim.
LIC of India Claim Process FAQs
A claim must be reported as soon as possible so that the company can process the claim quickly.
It takes 30 days to 6 months to settle LIC Claims.
CSR of LIC is 98.62% in 2020-2021.
You can register your claim through agents or by calling on +91 22 6827 6827 or you can visit any nearby LIC branch. You can register your claim via post as well.
Yes. You can register your claim at any LIC branch.
No. LIC of India offers only an offline mode of claim settlement . Your claim payout will be made through electronic modes.
This covers all the points on LIC of India Claim Process. In case you have more questions, please write in the comment box and we will get back to you.