Started in 2009, Star Union Dai-ichi (SUD) Life Insurance is a joint venture between two of India’s leading public sector banks, Bank of India and Union Bank of India, and Dai-ichi Life (a leading life insurance company of Japan).
List of Topic Covered
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Claim Process Overview
- SUD life provides a simple and hassle free claim settlement process.
- It has 95.96% of claim settlement ratio in the FY 2020-21.
- The company offers an online as well as an offline mode of claim settlement process.
|Goal||How to make a Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Claim|
|Contact Numbers||Call on 1800-266-8833 (09:00 am to 07:00 pm Monday to Saturday)|
|Claim Settlement Ratio (2020-2021)||95.96%|
|Average Claim Settlement Time||30 – 120 days|
How to Make Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Claims Online?
Company has 3 simple online steps for the claims settlement process.
- Step 1 : Claim Intimation
- The claimant / nominee has to visit the claim section of Star Union Dai-ichi life’s website.
- Enter policy number, date of birth and hit submit button to proceed.
- It will take you to the claims page where you have to provide all the information asked by the company.
- After this they have to upload all the documents online.
- Step 2 : Claim Processing
- Claims expert team of SUD life will review all your documents and may contact you for any additional documents they require.
- Company will update you about the status of your claim through mail, call or SMS.
- You will receive the unique claim reference number to track the status of your claim.
- Step 2 : Claim Decision
- After processing the claim, if all the documents are proper, the company informs the claim decision to the nominee / claimant.
- A payment is made through Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)
How to Make Star Union Dai-ichi Life Claims Offline (Branch)?
Follow the steps below to make your claims offline,
- Nominee/ Claimant can visit any nearby bank branch or SUD life registered office for claim intimation/ claim registration.
- Fill the claim form and submit it with the mandatory documents.
- Company examines the documents and provides you with the claim reference number to track the claim status.
- After processing, claim settlement happens and the amount gets credited to the Nominee/ Claimant account through NEFT.
Other Options to File a Claim at Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
- Option 1 : You can reach out to your Agent / Advisor.
- Option 2 : You can mail the claim information at email@example.com
- Option 3 : You can call on Toll Free no. 1800-266-8833 (09:00 am to 07:00 pm Monday to Saturday).
- Option 4 : You can register your claim by courier as well. Send the duly filled claim form along with the mandatory documents to the following address:
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company Limited, 11th Floor, Vishwaroop I.T Park, Plot No. 34, 35 & 38, Sector: 30A of IIP, Vashi, Navi Mumbai – 400 703
Documents required for Death Claim at Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
For Medical / Natural Death :
Nominees have to submit the following documents for a death claim.
- Claim intimation form
- Copy of death certificate
- Original policy document
- Photo identity proof and address proof of claimant. (If the nominee is minor, KYC & bank proof of the appointee is required.)
- Bank statement/passbook with last 3 months transactions or cancelled cheque leaf with name printed on the cheque
- Copy of hospital records such as,
- Admission notes
- Progress sheets
- Test reports
- Discharge/death summary from hospital
For Accidental / Un-Natural Death :
For Accidental or Unnatural death, in addition to the above documents you need to present the following documents.
- FIR/spot panchanama
- post-mortem report
- Viscera report
- Final police investigation report/Senior Divisional Magistrate’s verdict
- Newspaper cuttings (if available)
Note: All the documents should be a copy and duly attested by issuing authority
How to track your Claim at Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance?
For tracking your claim, you just need to follow the steps below,
- Go to the claims tracker section of SUD Life’s
- Select death claim/health claim
- Enter the claim reference number.
- Hit the Search button to know the status of your claim.
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance Claim Process FAQs
An indemnity bond should be submitted. The indemnity needs to be executed on a stamp paper of Rs. 500/- and duly notarized.
A claim must be reported as soon as possible so that the company can process the claim quickly.
It takes 30 -120 days to settle Star Union Dai-ichi Life Claim.
Claim settlement ratio of Star Union Dai-ichi Life is 95.96% in 2020-2021.
You can register a claim via online mode or call on Toll free number 1800-266-8833 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can visit any nearby bank branch or registered SUD branch. You can register your claim via post as well.
Yes. You can register your claim at any SUD Life branch.
Yes. SUD Life insurance offers both online as well as offline mode of claim settlement . Your claim payout will be made through electronic modes.
This covers all the points on Star Union Dai-ichi (SUD) Life Claim Process. In case you have more questions, please write in the comment box and we will get back to you.